The bear carrier was the first project I made from the Oliver and S book I purchased last year. It ended up being a belated Christmas present for Anya. Isn't her dress gorgeous thanks to one of her lovely uncles! Anya picked it herself, I was pleasantly surprised and welcomed the change from PINK!!!
Ok, down to the pattern. Overall I was happy with this pattern but if I was to make it again I would make some changes. I would make the four curved points at the front of the carrier square, not round. Sewing so many curves in a small area felt a bit unneccessary, I think a beginner sewer would struggle. I cut the straps off to where the buttons are but now wished I had of kept some length for flexibility, although this is probably the biggest teddy Anya would carry! I did find it hard to angle the straps nicely (coming out from the bottom of the carrier piece) as the pattern suggested. There isn't a lot of room and they really need to criss-cross to sit nicely when you cross the straps at the back. That would probably be too bulky to sew through though. I am being pretty picky but they are my thoughts on the pattern. It is very cute and I used Amy Butler home deco weight fabric.