February 17, 2011

My Creative Space - Learning to Ice Biscuits



My sister gave me this fabulous book for my birthday which I have been wanting. So Anya and I set about trying 'line icing' and 'flood icing' on Monday. It was quite easy for Anya to do the 'flooding' part which I will explain in another post.



The advantage is they look so much better than an ordinary biscuit but disadvantage that is a whole lot of sugar right there - hence we went easy on the decorations. I am looking forward to practising icing on my own too, with no little hands (sorry gorgeous girl). I'm joining in on my first MCS for 2011 - enjoy a myriad of projects over at Kirsty's.

12 comments:

Rie said...

The biscuits look great, but I don't think I could attempt it myself - I think I would O.D. on the icing - the icing wouldn't even make it onto the cookies as it would go directly to my mouth!!!

midge said...

so pretty. they look delicious

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

Oh that certainly does look nice and professional – just imagine what you can do when you have some time to yourself. I have a feeling A LOT of sugar is going to be consumed at your place while you hone your skills…

Katie said...

Ditto on the 'professional' comment. They look fab...and tasty!

Michelle said...

That is SO pretty. But yeah - the sugar is a huge inconvenience! I don't tend to eat sugar, so I can only live vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

Yummo, they look great!

Michelle said...

They look gorgeous, and the book looks stunning too!

Shell said...

Know all about line icing and flooding . My darling son has been doing cake decorating classes and has been showing his mum a few tricks. I wonder why I still need to do the homework though i.e. cooking the required cake and making the buttercream icing for the lesson? Next week he will be making it :) Wouldn't mind one of your biscuits with a cuppa for afternoon tea.

Vic said...

*drools*

Punky would be ALL OVER these... pink AND butterflies..??

Made of win. ;)

Melissa said...

Wow Ros! They look delicious - well done.

Kylie said...

OH YUM! Lovely pink, sugary butterflies oooo, I feel a biscut baking binge coming on.

Casey said...

they look yummy! I really want to try this way of cookie decorating