February 11, 2011

Childrens Bedroom Inspiration



I still haven't really done a thing to the kids room as far as decorating goes - you know how it is... move in, unpack, get on with life... but here are some inspiring rooms for little ones. I have been looking for a map like this for our wall, for preferably under $300!



I know these are nurseries but easily adaptable for older kids - cute artwork display ideas. For gorgeous free templates to frame your own visit my favourite artist Sarah Jane!



LOVE this butterfly mobile and wondering if it would work with fish? We bought this gorgeous print from Sarah Jane and I'd like to carry the theme on for Josiah's side of the room...



Babies would be mesmerised with that mirror :-) Nice wheels too. All photos courtesy of Lonnymag. Have a lovely weekend and stop by Honey Bee Books if you want to snap up a quality second hand children's book or two!

4 comments:

erin said...

I've been stalking maps in kids rooms as I concoct a plan to transition my son's nursery into a big boy room. The map in that photo is $149 (yay!!) and from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70119430

Another good map resource is this book, which includes a CD with high res images you can blow up:
http://www.amazon.com/Historical-Curious-Agile-Rabbit-Editions/dp/9057680513/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1297376607&sr=8-1

The map you see on the wall in this post is from that book:
http://6thstreetdesignschool.blogspot.com/2010/09/classic-and-wordly.html

Can you tell I'm a little obsessed. ;)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh of course, IKEA!! I'm going next month if you want one. Wow, can't believe i spent last year designing my children's rooms for high school (well one atleast) & the others are very grown up looking now, it's so much fun. Highly recommend Little Nest for the best chairs, if you love mid century style, she rocks it. Love Posie

Rosalind said...

Ikea USA unfortunately - I have already checked it out ;D There is a cool online store here in Melbourne that sells them but for $300 + Thanks for the other links!

Anonymous said...

Ros, if you find the map, let me know. We want one too.