December 2, 2012

Handmade Christmas Cards: Holiday Crafting

Making some Christmas cards with my craft-loving girl!  I got her to paint a couple of pictures in watercolour using some old Christmas cards for ideas.  Then I scanned them in - added the text and printed on card stock.  I drew the bauble card in pencil, got her to paint it then I traced in black pen before scanning.

I love how they turned out.  We won't put twine on all of them, just experimenting and giving Anya a chance to do some threading.  These were last year's cards.  What a difference a year makes.

5 comments:

Victoria Sayer said...

Love that Anya has the creative gene too!
Merry Christmas Ros.
xx

gret said...

Great idea. Would love to do that will Ellie over the next little while - good one for teachers and kids church teachers too. Might put it into one of my advent bags! xo

gret said...

And can I just say all I can see is you in that smile. x

Yana said...

Great idea and she looks very pleased with her effort :)

P.S. agree with Gret on seeing you in that little face :) xx

Tania McCartney said...

Love! Such a gorgeous idea. And Anya has grown so much. My goodness, her hair - it's such a beautiful colour, Ros - divine.