March 28, 2015

Visit: Alexander McQueen - Savage Beauty

via The Pandorian

This week I visited the Alexander McQueen Exhibition, Savage Beauty at the V&A Museum.  It was a visceral experience which left me in a weird but happy place.  I would highly recommend booking tickets soon as the earliest available tickets are around mid-May.  If you live local and frequent the V&A like I do, you could become a museum member and go back as often as you like without waiting for a time slot.


The exhibition evolved in complexity as you progressed through the rooms.  I experienced almost every emotion on the spectrum in a short period of time, from calm to overwhelming.  I thoroughly enjoyed the pieces themselves, the workmanship, materials, textures, manipulation and pairing of textiles and even the bizarre.  It was a spectacular showcase of some amazing works of art, I can't wait to go back.
via Beautyandthedirt

via Beautyandthedirt

0 comments: