April 15, 2013

1920 Inspired Hair Piece: Canberra Etsy Seller

This is one of my most favourite hair pieces I have made for a while!  Inspired by my ever loved vintage age.  These amazing photos above were taken by Etta Photography based in Brisbane, Qld.  Maddie does gorgeous newborn and family potraits so if you are in Brisvegas make sure you check out her site. I can't wait to see more.

The metal headband is covered in a gorgeous silk dupion and I hand dyed the tuelle with tea to match it.  This piece came about a little by accident, it was a bow gone wrong and the minute my hand stretched the tuelle across the top (over the head).... I smiled and did a little happy dance and went off to find the perfect 'finish' which ended up being this lovely brooch!  I love it when things come together serendipitously.

0 comments: