July 23, 2012

One Million Flowers - A Stunning Installation

Five rooms of a Parisian mansion were covered in one millions flowers for the Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 2012 Couture Show.  Each room was decorated a different colour, the above are white Phaleonopsis orchids.  It would have smelt divine.. maybe except for the hay fever sufferers :-)

A divine mix of roses in this room - the whole installation took four days and hundreds of florists to complete from start to finish.  There is a cool video at the end of this post showing the construction of the flower rooms. Oasis (floral foam) walls were made supported by chicken wire then each flower put in it's place.
 
The blue flowers are delphiniums, when I started floristry at Eve's in the eighties I was in love with delphinium.  It was to be in my bridal bouquet when I got married, along with pink roses and babies breath mind you....I was sixteen and dreaming.  Eve's daughter, who I also worked with made my real wedding bouquets thirteen years later.  The sweetest thing ever, Eve remembered my love for delphinium and made me a little throw away bouquet for the reception in Delphiniums. Awww...

Photo credit

0 comments: