August 1, 2011

Sewing for Home - My First Lap Quilt - Part Two



Do you like how my quilt is coming along? As mentioned earlier, I decided to just freestyle it over using a pattern and I like how it is turning out.



The strips are 3 inch wide - 18.5 inch long. I used Michael Miller - Beatnik Blur for the middle white cross. It is a white on white pattern which I really liked but didn't buy enough of and then couldn't find any more! So I just bought a bright white from Spotlight and it made the outside border.




At each intersection of white and patterned fabric, I made a mini patchworked square. It was a problem fixer that became a feature. My quilt is filled with imperfections but I don't really care! Now to decided HOW to quilt it? Machine or chunky hand quilting? Decisions, decisions. Feel free to add your two cents worth.

1 comments:

Yana said...

its turning out very nice! lovely colours and the white matches nicely. for quilting you could do some chunky hand quilting, i think that might be nice :)