July 18, 2011

Sewing for Home - My First Lap Quilt



Ink & Spindle - Allsorts Quilt Kit

One of my goals over the weekend was to get some personal sewing done! I am loving sewing for home at the moment and am about to start my first lap quilt.

Link

From Little Things

Inspired by these lovely patterns pictured and the idea to free-style it.... I have started cutting and sewing my Amy Butler - Soul Blossoms fat quarter pack, into a lap quilt. I choose the passion palette and it is BRIGHT!! In hindsight the Bliss would have been more up my alley but I wanted something a little different and out of my comfort zone.



A Little Red Ribbon

There is a fabulous tutorial on the 'non-pattern' by The Silly BooDilly that Gret followed (above) and so did Mel, From Little Things.. I love her colour and fabric choices don't you! I also love Auntie Cookies cross quilt below.



Ed's note: My mistake, Gret didn't use the 'non-pattern', pattern but made up her own pattern she did however use the organic line tutorial for the quilting part.

2 comments:

Yana said...

have fun cutting out! look forward to seeing it finished :) i'm sure it will look awesome :)

gret said...

Thanks for the quilt love, but I didn't follow that tutorial ?? - I just worked it out myself for a pattern, then used the tute on organic line quilting from Tall Grass Prairie studio. Looking forward to seeing yours! :)