March 3, 2011

My Creative Space - Photos as props



I found this gorgeous photo on Pinterest and thought it would be perfect to display some of my hair combs going off to the shop! I think when we are given an image of how an item may look like 'on', we are more likely to buy it! Well, that is my theory anyway... apologies to the photographer as I can't find the source to credit this image! If you know, please let me know or leave a comment.



Some other items I have been working on this week and also off to the shop are some infant headbands. I was trialling a new spot for photos with the morning light and all these 3 pics are taken moments from each other - how different are the results!







For more craftiness.... you know where to visit....

11 comments:

Katie said...

Clever use of those photos. I had to do a double take. I love that first clip. I would have loved something like that on my wedding day.

Teek said...

what a fantastic idea. The photo fits beautifully with the clips you clever thing

Anonymous said...

Great idea using the photo's a props! Your clips are beautiful!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Yes go the photos, what an amazing way to glam it all up at Shop Handmade. Love Posie

Michelle said...

Very clever to use the photo, it looks great.

Photography said...

Looks great! I did that awhile back with a silhouette.

Kylie said...

I am loving pinterest at the moment.

The flowers look great and what a great idea for a prop

Sarah said...

Lovely use of photo. I have had battles with light {or lack of} when photographing pieces recently. It can be so difficult without a proper model can't it....but then proper models can be so difficult...!!!

Shell said...

That is really clever. I never in a million years would have thought of that. The clips are beautiful. So sparkly. All girls need bling.

Antje said...

Dear Grace,
your designs are really gorgeous and your way to take the pictures is just lovely. Best, Antje

Seaweed and Raine said...

Cool idea using the photo. The clips look great on it - you are clever :) Thanks for stopping by earlier