November 26, 2013

Handmade Bridal Hair Accessories: Canberra

Hubby took both the kids out to various places on Saturday morning and I had a creative urge I jumped on after listening to Elizabeth Gilberts TED talk on Friday night!

This is a large delicious silk chiffon and silk organza blossom, all hand cut, shaped, embellished and sewn together.  I have attached it to a dual purpose clip/pin back for use in hair or on a dress.  So pretty!  One of my most popular searches in my etsy store is for ivory hair accessories so thought I had better add some more.
This silk is also ivory but with creamy tones.  This hair comb is a lovely mix of organza lace, feathers and millinery leaves, also listed in my etsy store.  
I can't tell you how happy I am to learn new techniques and this is the result.  Free motion embroidery on suede.  Thank you Youtube!  I have an eighteen year old Janome sewing machine, nothing fancy.  I purchased a thirty dollar darning foot, threw on my darning plate and off I went.  I love the free-style scribbling - so fun. 

0 comments: