June 27, 2012

Update on my Free Bunting Template and Tutorial

Using my bunting template I made some bunting for my nephew's first birthday party but chose an alternative method to the quick and easy way shown in my original post.

After sewing the right sides together, trimming the point, turning inside out and ironing I was ready to attach the store-bought bias binding.  I gently ironed the binding out flat and pinned to the front of the bunting, right sides together, then sewed along the top using the first crease as my guide.

I then pressed the front before turning over to the back of the bunting.  Folding the bias over as pictured above, I sewed down the second crease which gave me a perfect aligned top stitch on the right side!  A little nicer and neater way to sew your bunting but definitely more time consuming!  I used a bone folder to poke the tips out.

0 comments: