December 21, 2009

Christmas Brownies


I don't have a photo of my actual brownies, but these come pretty close! This is the best brownie recipe which came from my friend in Brisbane via Israel where they spent some time!!! They are full of sugar and butter of course but soooooo good. I also tried cutting some into Christmas shapes with my cookie cutters but found it wasted too much brownie and they didn't hold their shape as well as hoped :-) Squares it is - enjoy!

  • Melt 200g butter or marg (I use butter)
  • Add 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tspn baking powder
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 cup choc chips (optional)
  • 1 tspn flavouring (peppermint etc..) also optional
  • Mix well and bake in lamington tin at 160 degrees for approx 30-40 mins
I have also added pecans or walnuts before which are nice too. I don't usually add flavouring.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

These look delicious! I'm always on the hunt for a good brownie recipe which doesn't involve having to melt chocolate (which I don't usually have to hand) but rather uses cocoa (always have!) Two cups sugar though... hmmm I wonder if 1 cup would do...

Have a lovely Christmas!

Danielle x

Anonymous said...

Y~u~m!