May 1, 2013

Fresh Faces in the Australian Wedding Scene

Photography by Tim Coulson Photography
I have stumbled across some new finds (to me) in the bridal industry over the last six months and I thought it was time I shared a few.  Hello May is a lovely Australian blog featuring cool vendors and weddings!  Sophie and Emma published the first issue of their Hello May wedding magazine in February this year!

Photography by Eric Ronald
Nouba is a lovely fresh blog which was birthed by Graphic Designer, Tamarin (pictured above) after planning her own stunning wedding.  Frustrated by the lack of creative resources for Australian brides, Tamarin started her own site!  I couldn't agree with her more, in my opinion there is enough talent in Australia to have a really great showing of creative businesses that are not mainstream and predictable.
Photo: via One Fine Day
Finally an alternative to the good old bridal fair, One Fine Day looks like a beautiful event to attend if you are lucky enough to live in or close to, Sydney or Melbourne.  I've attended a few bridal fairs in my time as a florist, bridesmaid and business owner - an 'interesting' event - enough said!  I love the whole concept of The Not Wedding and would love to see something like that done here in Australia.

Photo courtesy of New Best Friend

Lastly, the lovely new kid on the block, Hitched wedding magazine and blog, founded by Renee Douros.   I'd love to have a flick through this one, it looks Frankie-esque.  A cool Canberra based creative firm, New Best Friend are responsible for the design.  If you know of any other cool sites, pop a link in my comment section or on my Facebook page

0 comments: