March 31, 2009

Oilver and S





I think I heard of Oliver and S last year but just stumbled across one of their patterns online over the weekend. Aren't the patten covers adorable!!! That is what drew me in. I had a set of paper dolls when I was in primary school which came complete with elaborate period costumes and I just adored playing with them. I am impressed that Oliver and S are prepared to sell Boutique sewers the licenses to make and sell their patterns in small quantities! Perfect for the markets/online stores etc... Maybe it's not as rare as I think but this is the first time I have seen this! I guess designers usually count on the common courtesy and integrity when it comes to reproducing copyrighted patterns etc.. I don't think anyone would be game to copy and sell any Amy Butler gear... the sewing/crafting community would spot a copy a mile away. My local fabulous fabric store stocks these patterns! yahooo....

2 comments:

Amanda K said...

Those are beyond cute. I could never sew anything, but I'd be tempted to buy one just for the cover LOL. Oooh speaking of those classic paper dolls, they sell them -- I know Anya's too little right now but you could always put one away for later.
http://www.theprincessandthepea.com.au/dolls_papergirl.html

Rosalind said...

Aren't they!!! Oh thanks for the link! There is so much great stuff out there :-) I have already bought her a set of Babushka dolls for her 2nd birthday in Oct!