February 28, 2019

Handmade Canberra - Australian Made Markets

Photography: Erin Dando
This march will be my one year Anniversary since I've been back at Handmade Canberra Markets!  I've already been in the office for 12 months now working behind the scenes with a great bunch of clever ladies, getting to do all sorts of fun stuff on the business and creatively

Photography: Erin Dando
I actually attended one of the first Handmade markets as a punter 10 years ago at Albert Hall and met Julie through a stallholder.  Since then, I have worked on and off for Handmade in between having babies and living in London for three years :-)

Photography: Erin Dando
The market has grown so much since I was away and the quality of stallholders continue to rise! Did you know it takes us an entire day to bump the market in - it's a huge job now co-ordinating over 270 stallholders! We all know Epic isn't the prettiest location but in Canberra we don't have a lot of choice for indoor venues that are big enough to house us! So we put that aside and concentrate on bringing fabulous product and produce to Canberra that is ALL made in Australia, how great is that - something I'm proud to be a part of.  The whole album from the Christmas market 2018 can be found on the website!  Dates for 2019 below also.

Photography: Erin Dando
Photography: Erin Dando
Photography: Erin Dando

0 comments: